Thyroid & Wellness Books
- The Thyroid Connection: Why You Feel Tired, Brain-Fogged, and Overweight -- and How to Get Your Life Back by Amy Myers (2016)
- The Prime: Prepare and Repair Your Body for Spontaneous Weight Loss by Kulreet Chaudhary (2016)
- Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself by Lissa Rankin (2014)
- Be Your Own Thyroid Advocate: When You're Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired by Rachel Hill (2018)
- You, Me and Hypothyroidism: When Someone You Love Has Hypothyroidism by Rachel Hill and Adam Gask (2019)
- ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivor's Association has a number of different resources, materials and support for living with thyroid cancer through all stages.
- Thyroid Cancer Canada is another good resource.
- Everyday Thyroid Cancer by Rita Banach is a wonderful resource about thyroid cancer. She posts daily and is also on Twitter.
Recipes + Cookbooks
- The 30-Minute Thyroid Cookbook: 125 Healing Recipes for Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's by Emily Kyle and Rachel Hill (2018)
- The South Beach Diet Gluten Solution Cookbook by Arthur Agatson (2013)
Mindfulness + Meditation + MBSR + Yoga
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, Illness by Jon Kabat-Zinn and Thich Nhat Hanh (2013)
- Light on Yoga: The Bible of Modern Yoga Philosophy and Practice by B.K.S. Iyengar (1979)
- Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life by Jon Kabat-Zinn (2005)
- Stress Less, Accomplish More: Meditation for Extraordinary Performance by Emily Fletcher (2019)
- Yoga Bundle Videos by Thyroid Refresh [paid]
Resilience + Inner Strength
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron (2016)
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle (2004)
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle (2008)
- The Shadow Effect: Illuminating the Hidden Power of Your True Self by Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson, Debbie Ford (2011)
Sleep + Rest
- Goodnight Mind: Turn Off Your Noisy Thoughts and Get a Good Night's Sleep by Colleen E. Carney and Rachel Manber (2013)
Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Websites
- A Little Insanity
- Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie [Favourite!]
- Unconventional Baker
- Free from Gluten, Dairy, Eggs and Refined Sugar
- Angela McNally
- My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Gluten Freedom Inc.
- Mama Knows Gluten-Free
Environment & Detox
- Blueair Pro M Air Purifier: (HEPA filter) Professional Allergy, Mold, Smoke and Dust Remover After much research, this was the brand I decided to invest in this and it's made a huge difference in my allergies and eczema. Depending on your budget and the square footage coverage, prioritize the bedroom as that is where it will have maximum impact.
- EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database
- EWG Guide to Healthy Cleaning
- EWG Dirty Dozen - Foods to prioritize organic
Personal Care Items
- Detox Body Brush with Natural Bristles and Rubber Nodules Dry brushing helps wonderfully with chronic joint pain. This is the one beside my bed so I can do it before my feet even touch the ground. Great for the skin and stimulates the lymphatic system.
- Kirkland Signature Organic Coconut Oil I use this organic coconut oil every single day. It is multipurpose - for my daily oil pull, facials, and cooking.
- GoFit GoBall for Post-Workout Recovery, Muscle Therapy, Deep Tissue Massage
- Vitamin D3: CanPrev D3 Drops 1000iu, 15ml These drops have no taste and absorb easily. Add to water or a beverage at the recommended dose.
Meditation & Mindfulness
This app is a handy way to start guided meditation sessions, where they promise to teach you the "life-changing skills of meditation and mindfulness in just a few minutes a day." With fun, relatable animations that explain what it's all about, start by trying out the free sessions. It's a great way to start exploring what meditation is all about. Once you get a hang of the basics and see the benefits, then I highly recommend investing in either a class or kit or device (whatever works best for you) to keep up the practice.
Meditation for Busy People and Guided Meditations for Anxiety and Stress. Join host Hypnotherapist Chel Hamilton for short, guided meditations to calm your anxiety, overcome negative thinking, increase your confidence, and more - in 15 minutes or less.
Meditation for Health is a mindfulness clinic in Toronto by Dr. Lucinda Sykes. Operating since 1997, this clinic introduced me to a structured program for Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) focused on self-care for stress-related symptoms and chronic illness. I've completed Part One and have plans to do Part Two soon. This website is full of great resources and information.
This device has made a huge difference to my meditation practice and was initially recommended to me by my therapist. The technology is incredible at bringing me back into the moment and training my mind. I ordered mine in black!